EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMUNITY LIAISON
Full-time Contract – Immediately @ $25.00/hr @ 37.5 hrs/week
E2S - Edmonton 2 Spirit Society helps to support Two Spirit peoples to be recognized, respected and engaged in an integral manner, within Indigenous communities and society at large.
Authority & Responsibility:
The Community Liaison will be under the direct supervision of the E2S Executive Director and serves as the liaison between organizations and the people we serve. Below defines the responsibilities of the Community Liaison:
- Provides advocacy for community members that need support for their mental,
emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing.
- Expected to be mobile between location of office and outreach.
- Outreach to the community to promote E2S and encourage membership applications.
- Plan and implement two Annual General Meetings.
- Serves as the point of contact to E2S.
- Create a monthly newsletter to keep the community informed of what's happening, what
is different and what they can suggest.
- Design and plan innovative programs, events, celebrations and ceremonies for
2SLGBTQ+ community to access. Support an informed approach through excellent
relations in the community. Review and evaluate programs for success among services.
- Plan & implement community consultations to obtain feedback from the community on
how to better provide E2S services.
- Handle Marketing and Fundraising Activities
- Manage Community Public Relations
- Other related duties that enhances E2S services
Professional Qualifications Needed
The ideal candidate must have a passion for helping others and speaking with groups. Must have a minimum of two years’ experience conducting community outreach and coordination. The following skills are essential:
- Knowledge of 2Spirit Indigenous History and Culture
- Degree in Business Management will be considered an asset
- Community relation management – knowledge of a local community’s needs and the
ability to interview others to get needed information are essential qualities.
- Conflict resolution – community liaisons are often responsible for identifying the root cause of disputes and using negotiation tactics to encourage resolution
- Public speaking – community liaisons need strong public speaking skills to present at public and private meetings
- Marketing – promotional skills are essential for community liaisons to effectively share their organization’s message with a local community
- Interpersonal skills – a critical duty of community liaisons is building trusting and effective partnerships to facilitate engagement and outreach. To do this, they must be able to quickly relate with many different types of people
- Administrative skills – it is common for community liaisons to perform general administrative duties as assigned
- Writing skills – creating documentation and written reports is common for community liaisons
Please submit your cover letter and resume to
Title: Community Liaison
DEADLINE DATE: November 20 @ 12 p.m.
Interviews will be held the week of November 23, 2020, only those successful will be contacted.